Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Last Person to Join Facebook

Apparently, I'm the last person in the world to join Facebook. (Well, actually not....Kristi & Vicki aren't on it YET, until they read this post!) Since I blog for real estate and my TomKat Studio blog (and soon Project Nursery), I consider myself quite familiar with "social networking". Well, apparently I was NOT, until yesterday. Is it impressive if I have 60+ friends on my first day? Am I cool or is this normal? I found some old cheerleading photos on there, my childhood best friend in New York, long lost cousins, all sorts of random people. People are coming out of the wood work....and finding me! I have mixed feelings about people knowing where I am and what I'm doing at any given moment, but hey, does anyone really care?

This could get a bit interesting. I mean the photo option alone has me puzzled. What do I post? Homes? Kids? My creative projects? Mix it all together in one place? Mixing all my contacts together in one place? Interesting, but makes sense. So now I write about my blog on my facebook page, and I blog about facebook on my blog, and this all could get a little complicated. I guess I'll figure it out, but in the mean time I'm LOVING it! As if I'm not glued to my computer enough! My 3 year old will have to go to daddy's computer and "write on my wall" to get my attention!

Okay, gotta go join Flickr now. Next thing you know, I'll be on Twitter. Craziness!

Anyone on those yet?

3 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I decided that I should stop myself at Twitter, what I don't know won't hurt me.

Anonymous said...

I am on Flickr and loving it, you find so much beautiful stuff and talented people. At first i thought how is anyone ever going to see my photos? how will i know where to look...but next thing you know you've got contacts all over the place and have joined groups a plenty I ended up getting a PRO account too which means i can add as many photos as i want and aslo gets to see stats on visits to my page. You'll love it....enjoy! My flickr address is http://www.flickr.com/photos/blacklashes/

Anonymous said...

Kim --
Yep, all those social networks have me. @AZRealEstate on Twitter, also on Flickr and Digg,Technorati and the list goes on and on! You go Kim, get that Twitter going and before to use www.tweetdeck.com so it makes more sense to you! Also, Twitpic is handy for cell pics!