Saturday, January 3, 2009

Decorating: The TomKat Studio Update


I decided I would try my hand at one of those nifty little "Inspiration Boards" or "Mood Boards", or whatever they are called, for my studio makeover! I like to think of it as a collection of my thoughts...and a shopping list!


1. Ikea Liatorp Desk: Haven't seen this yet in person, probably too small. But I like the style.

2. Ikea Green Boxes: Bought a bunch of these, starting to get organized

3. Pottery Barn Inspiration Room: Love this desk, but want something bigger (and less expensive). Love the green wall, and the black/white accents.

4. Ikea Sideboard: Love the whimsical lines of this sideboard, could use it for storage depending on what else I find.

5. Ballard Designs Inspiration Room: Love the black/white swirl wallpaper, love the green chair, love it all.

6. Ballard Designs Armoire: Done. Got it. Moved it to the den.

7. Ikea Lamp: I think this will look good on whatever desk/table I find.

8. Fabric: Michael Miller Avocado Damask - This could be my drapes or chair fabric? We'll see.

Still a total work in progress.....and I can't seem to find a rug. Any ideas?

5 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Why don't you just get white parsons table for your desk? White, simple, totally a transitional piece and will never go out of style. Do the ikea sideboard for the storage, it's super cute in person. For the rug maybe just a sisal/jute rug or something black/white and graphic. Do a green task chair and then do the green and white damask for the curtains.

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Great idea on the table! Do you know if Ikea has a good sized one, or a store that does? I was considering a jute rug, but I think I want something more comfy since the kids will probably sit on the floor in there and play. Thanks for the advice!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I wish i could give you back your big white table. I never use it for crafting, only for laundry.. :-(

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Totally. I sure could use it again, though the shipping cost would be more than what the table was! ;) I hope you can find a few spare minutes soon to sit down at it and get creative! Miss you.

Caryl said...

I have the Pottery desk as my office desk and love it. I have a mixture of pottery barn and Ikea. The Ikea items were very easy to put together.